The First Woman Missionary
BL. ANNE MARIE JAVOUHEY, 1779-1851.
Cluny Sisters have a MISSIONARY CALL and are thus in mission around the world ... standing in solidarity with the 'other' wherever there is a little good to be done. We seek:
- to know and do the Holy Will of God through discernment and total availability
- to sow seeds of hope and compassion reaping a harvest of liberation and justice
- to be a sign for our world through community life ... a place of personal growth, spiritual support, conversion and pardon, discernment, shared mission and caring.
- to be grounded in prayer and contemplatives in action ....celebrating and nurturing our relationship with God in many different ways.
|The 200th Anniversary of the founding of the Sisters of St Joseph of Cluny was celebrated in France from the 11th May to the 14th May 2007.|
soul to God with intense fervor and glowing love."
Every Christian is called to reveal a dimension of Jesus Christ, the Revelation of God, to all His brothers and sisters.
What dimension of Jesus Christ for Cluny Sisters reveal?
Jesus Christ the Saviour. He came to give life and life to the full (John 10:10)
The Sisters grow in freedom through their daily union with God in prayer and the Sacraments, alone and with the community.
They find their personal growth and help others to grow in community. Friendship among Sisters from different parts of the world and country makes them free.
They bring about liberation from ignorance, ill health, sinful social structures through various apostolates, in different parts of the world.
Their own personal aim,
- and the aim that draws them all together:
A PASSION FOR THE LIBERATION OF THE PEOPLE OF GOD!